Yes, finished. Yesterday. Yay!
Also, I decided to make it in two layers - the top layer is a very sheer and thin linen, and the bottom is a light gray cotton which I also used for binding. I like the way it turned out. Next time I might try to add a bit more flare to the top layer - just at the hemline. Maybe.
I made my own bias tape for binding - yes, it is time consuming but I can choose any fabric I want, and it is more economical especially if you have a fabric hoarding problem like I do. And I like how it looks. I found these helpful when I first started making bias tape...
How to Make Bias Tape
Facing or Details: Bias Binding
I am really happy how this turned out and I would definitely like to make more: it is easy and quick to make, it is versatile (it could be a nice maternity top), and it looks fun. I am going to be making this one into an e-pattern. Soon.
Previous Week 1 posts:
Week 1:: Tank top - simple A-line: drafting
Week 1:: Tank top - simple A-line: fitting and pattern modification
There is another A-line sleeveless top I made a few months ago. It was actually the first ever pattern I made using this method. The only difference is that I drafted a pattern using a CAD program instead of drawing by hand. The pattern (and the drafting process) are a bit more difficult. If you are interested, go on over to Burdastyle and look at this project for more pictures and detailed instructions.